During Lilly’s life in Grassy Park various organisations impacted and supported Lilly and her family. These included, schools, churches, sports clubs, youth groups, political organisations and various individuals. Today these organisations continue to support families and individuals in Grassy Park. Lilly’s footsteps is dedicated to continuing this tradition. We support organisations active in the fields of education, sport, culture and health-care.
CRUSADERS AMATEUR FOOTBALL CLUB
Crusaders is a community based amateur football club based in Grassy Park, Cape Town. It was established in 1942 and celebrated its 70 years of existence in 2012. Crusaders AFC is based at William Herbert Sports field in Wynberg, Cape Town.
- In 2013 Crusaders won the league title for the first time in 30 years. It also won the prestigious knockout cup and for the first time in its 72 years of existence held both the league and knockout trophies.
- In April 2014 Lilly’s Footsteps rebuild the Crusaders Club House at Cape District after it was destroyed by vandals.
ST CLEMENTS CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
St Clements Roman Catholic Primary School was founded by the Redemptionist Mission of the Catholic Church in 1954. It has 350 pupils from age 6 to 12. Today up to 40% of the pupils are from other African countries and French and Portuguese is widely spoken. It takes up to six months for the young learners to familiarise themselves with English.
- The School is located in an area of high crime. Lilly’s footsteps has improved the security for learners by erecting a palisade fence in 2011. It also provided furniture and fixed the music equipment in the school.
The Goldhill Netball Club
The Goldhill Netball Club has been in existence for 47 years and is based in Grassy Park. They are well known within the areas of Grassy Park, Lotus River, Steenberg, Lavender Hill and Mitchells Plain as a friendly yet competitive club whose aim is to make netball as accessible as possible to any player interested in playing a sport. Goldhill Netball Club participates in competitions at Stephen Reagan Sports complex in Mitchell’s Plain, Cape Town.
- Our Achievements:
- 2013 League winners
- 2013 Knock out winners
- 2013 Freda Allen Winners
- 2014 League winners
- 2014 Freda Allen winners
- 2014 Knock out runners up first round
- 2014 Knock out runners up second round
In 2015 Lilly’s Footsteps sponsored each player a game kit and tracksuit.